| #ETHEREUM JUST EXPLODED TO $350, IS GOLD NEXT? - YouTube
From the comments section: Stick to #Bitcoin , the only real decentralized, limited supply and secure cryptocurrency. Ethereum and the other alt-coins are centralized, infinite supply and pre-mined. Except for Litecoin, that one is also limited and decentralized like Bitcoin, but not as secure.
Bitcoin is a worldwide-distributed decentralized peer-to-peer censorship-resistant trustless and permissionless deflationary system/currency (see Blockchain technology) backed by mathematics, open source code, cryptography and the most powerful and secure decentralized computational network on the planet, orders of magnitude more powerful than google and government combined. There is a limit of 21 million bitcoins (divisible in smaller units). "Backed by Government" money is not backed by anything and is infinitely printed at will by Central Banks. Bitcoin is limited and decentralized.
Receive and transfer money, from cents (micropayments) to thousands:
* Cheap regardless of amount $$$ sent.
* Borderless (no country can stop it from going in/out or confiscate)
* Trustless (nobody needs to trust anybody for it to work)
* Privacy (no need to expose personal information)
* Securely (encrypted cryptographically)
* Permissionless (no approval from central powers needed)
* Almost Instant (from seconds to a few minutes)
* Open source (auditable by anybody)
* Worldwide distributed (from anywhere to anywhere on the planet)
* Censorship resistant (no government can stop its use)
* Peer-to-peer (no intermediaries with a cut)
* Portable (easier to carry/move than cash, gold and silver)
* Public ledger (transparent, seen by everybody)
* Scalable (each bitcoin is divisible down to 8 decimals)
* Decentralized (distributed with no single point of failure)
* Deflationary (its supply goes down with time until reaching 21 million ever)
* Immutable global registry (can't be altered/hacked by nobody)
* No chargebacks-No fraud ('push' vs' 'pull' transactions).
And that's just as currency, Bitcoin has many more uses and applications.
For more info go to r/bitcoin on Reddit."i>>?